Thursday, April 21, 2011

Statistically You Are All Crazy

Just reading my text book and thought I would share what I learned.
WE ARE ALL CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!
The numbers come from the DSM-IV-TR and peer reviewed studies cited in my textbook.
They are the percentages of the prevalence of that certain disorder over the life time of the general public. 

12.5% Specific Phobia
4.7% Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia
5.7% Generalized Anxiety Disorder
12.1% Social Phobia
1.6% Obsessive Compulsive disorder
7.8% Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
0.8% Depersonalization Disorder
16.1% Major Depressive Disorder
3.6% Dysthymic Disorder
1.3% Bipolar I and II Disorder
2.8% Binge Eating Disorder
0.6% Anorexia Nervosa
1% Bulimia Nervosa
0.16% Narcolepsy
4.1% Attention deficit/hyperactivity Disorder
0.9% Autism
2.3% Paranoid Personality Disorder
4.9% Schizoid Personality Disorder
3.3% Schizotypal Personality Disorder
1% Antisocial Personality Disorder
1.6% Borderline Personality Disorder
2% Histronic Personality Disorder
0.1% Narcissistic Personality Disorder
5.2% Avoidant Personality Disorder
1.5% Dependent Personality Disorder
2.4% Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder
1.5% Schizophrenia

The Grand total is %101.56! That means if you have 1000 people in a room 1015 and 3/5 of a person are crazy out of everyone in the room.
The stats don't lie you are crazy.
(I also didn't include Paraphilias, Somatoform Disorders, Substance Related Disorders and many more in my list. Mostly because I am too lazy to find them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment